Sanchez Seven

Sanchez Seven

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Photos of the trip








Wow-the last two weeks have been beyond crazy. The two of them ran all three of us around like crazy people while we were gone. Our journey into Africa was very difficult for a multitude of reasons. It was far more difficult than I anticipated. My Mom was a huge lifesaver, we could not have managed without her constant help and energy. I will post more later but I wanted you all to know we are home.

Thank you for the wonderful welcoming at the Airport. Thank you for the meals and all the errands you all have done for us recently. Thank everyone for babysitting and loving on our kids while we were gone. The meals have been most helpful, especially today. While Aaron was at the Doctor with Dereck, it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get the munchkins down for a 2 hour nap. And yes it was totally worth it.

We have had a lot of tears around the house lately. From me and the kids. Having twin toddlers will take some fine tuning over these next few months. Mixed into our tears have been fun moments. More in the last couple of days, we are all relieved the plane ride is over.

2 comments:

  1. Love your pictures Sarah! So sorry you guys have been battling illness...hopefully everyone is on the mend now. I added your blog address to my "adoption families" list on my blog...would love to try to stay connected - selfishly for me, but more importantly, for the kids as they get older...will be so special for them to know other kids from Shashemene. Please tell your mom that we said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came accross your video on YouTube and my heart hurt over your long wait. My husband and I adopted, in 12/06, two amazing babies. Our experience was full of ups and downs but our time line was 11momths. The babies are about 6 weeks apart and the "twin" experience still takes some getting used to. Best of luck to your new family and I am so happy they are home with you!

    ReplyDelete